BASS Morzine Shadowing Protocol
Shadowing Protocol 2023
Welcome to the BASS shadowing team.
The protocol rules ensure that the ski school’s legal and operational requirements are met and that the process provides real learning value.
You are a representative of BASS and as such, must adhere to the protocol. By attending shadowing sessions, you agree to the following conditions:
- Be punctual, 5 minutes before the lesson start time. If you do not arrive in time for the teacher to introduce you to the class, you will not be able to shadow that session.
- Be presentable in all aspects of appearance and ready to cope with all weather conditions.
- Smoking, drinking or smelling of alcohol is not acceptable in front of clients.
- Ski at the level of the group, this is an ideal opportunity to develop your Central Theme skiing.
- The BASS teachers are responsible for group safety, you must always follow their direction.
- If asked to give feedback by a client, refer them to the BASS teacher.
- You may be asked to take on certain roles during lessons. Ask for support if you are not fully clear on the task.
- Follow current covid regulations.
- Use this link to reflect on your session and to give us a means of recording the number of hours you shadow – https://us13.list-manage.com/survey?u=deaf67b44a0879cff23db8319&id=463b480018&attribution=false
- Teaching in France is strictly regulated and is illegal unless you hold a French carte pro and could result in arrest or a fine of up to €15,000. While shadowing you are considered a client, not a teacher.
Our aim is to support your learning and development through the qualification pathway. Our teaching team will offer as much support as possible during sessions but please appreciate that our priority is to meet the needs of clients in lessons.
BASS Morzine can provide references that will reflect our experience of working with you during shadowing sessions.